Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Jim Hendry What Are You THINKING!!!?

Look I am no fan of the Chicago Cubs. In fact they are one of my least favorite teams in baseball. Never the less I would like to offer some advice to the Cubs. STOP WASTING MONEY!!!
I'm sure everyone is aware of the huge amounts of green currency the Cubs handed out last week at the winter meetings. The Soriano signing would be somewhat justified if the cubs planned to hit him 4th or even 3rd. But seriously $17 million for a lead off hitter?
What about Aramis "the ball just bounced off my head" Ramirez? $15 million for a streaky bat and an average defender at best.
Don't forget Ted Lilly. I guess it proves that all you really have to be is left handed. I mean seriously $10 million for this guy? He's not even an innings eater, but I will give him his due at least he's over .500 for his career, by a game. Yeah baby!
But we can't finish this conversation without my favorite Cub signing of all time. Jason Marquis for $7 million a year. What a joke. This guy should be lucky to sign a minor league deal much less a contract worth $7 million. I mean come on. 14-16 with an ERA over 6. The Braves and Cardinals have already tried to turn this guy into something and he just gets worse. Don't think that the Cubs will be able to give him some magic potion that turns him into Greg Maddux. Marquis' agent should probably be in jail. This contract is straight up highway robbery. I mean Jesse James never stole this much dough.
But never fear Cardinal fans. With signings like this the curse is sure to plague your northern neighbors for at least another 100 years!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, at least they didn't pay $51,000,000 just to talk to a guy who's never thrown a single pitch in Major League Baseball...